Re: drought

  • Subject: Re: [cg] drought
  • From: "Libby J. Goldstein" <libby@igc.org>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:49:49 -0500

Lucy,

The first thing to do is check your state and local water-use
regulations. Here in PA., the regs allow watering "outdoor gardens if
the garden is used to produce food and fiber or used to maintain
livestock and poultry." There are some limitations on "other outdoor
gardens".

Then you may want to investigate various water-saving devices like
drip irrigation, soaker hoses, Big Drippa bags from Gardeners Supply
(No, I don't work for them, but I did get a couple to try in my plot
this year.). But do check the regs first.\

Libby
--
				Philadelphia, PA

                        USDA zone 7A    Sunset zone 32