Re: fight the snails

  • Subject: Re: [cg] fight the snails
  • From: SoleilPaz@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:41:29 EDT

Re: Snails

       Here in my garden I use eggshells. I just save them into a bucket, then have a handy 11 year old boy stomp in the bucket for a few minutes. The shards are quite sharp, and the snails avoid all contact. When handpicking, I keep an old copper pot in the yard for the unlucky slimeys.... death by electrocution!

The Elk Grove Community Garden
www.geocities.com/egcgonline/

Soleil Tranquilli

“In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions
on the next seven generations.” --Great Law of the Iroquoise Confederacy

The Elk Grove Community Garden  association exists to create and nurture community operated organic gardens in the City of Elk Grove. We are deeply committed to community pride and unity, preservation of open spaces and native habitat for biodiversity, teaching organic methods, encouraging sustainable living techniques and recycling. Honoring diverse abilities, ages and cultures. All gardeners welcome!