Free seeds

  • Subject: [cg] Free seeds
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:50:00 -0400

Hi Folks,
There's a very nice man in Olympia Washington called Jackson Sillars who
wants to give away seeds to community gardeners. I've pasted in his 2 emails
below with the method for receiving some of his seeds--by April 26th.
happy spring,

email #2
Thanks for the speedy reply! Mailing us a list of the seeds they would like
along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope sounds like a good way to do
this. If organizations could get their requests to us by April 26th, we can
then see how many seeds we have left and possibly extend the deadline. Our
address is: Garden-Raised Bounty, Seed Request, 711 State Ave NE, Olympia,
WA 98506.
We do have a website, www.olywa.net/grub, and are currently working to
update all of the information. Thanks again for your help!

email #1.
 I work with a non-profit organization in Olympia, WA called Garden-Raised
 Bounty. One of the programs that we run involves building raised-bed
gardens for low-income families. Every year we get thousands of seed packets
donated to this program and are left with some varieties that won't grow in
our region. Last year you helped us distribute these seeds by posting
anannouncement on your listserve/website(?). Again this year we have many
packets of okra and melons as well as some extra assorted varieties of corn,
beans, peas, brassicas, leeks, flowers, beets, radishes, kale, chard,
collards, carrots, scallions and a few others. Would you be willing to post
another announcement this year? I can send you a more exact list of what we
have if you would like. Thanks for your time!
Happy Gardening,
Jackson Sillars
 Volunteer Coordinator
 Garden Raised Bounty
 711 State Ave NE
Olympia, WA  98506
 Nourishing community--Empowering people--Growing good food