RE: Canadian Geese and other birds

  • Subject: [cg] RE: Canadian Geese and other birds
  • From: plenneke <plenneke@xtra.co.nz>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 08:39:17 +1200

Dear folks,
You can give any birds the willys by putting black cotton thread over the crop.
They fly in, but as they fly in, they are getting hit by the cotton, and don't know what it is.
After the experience, thy tend not to return.
When they hit the cotton, they also send out theur distress calls, warning other birds of the same breed.
In the case of Canadian Geese, I am not sure, as they are big birds.
Span the cotton about a foot above the crop, the thread MUST be black so they cannot see it.
I have a problem with white butterfly attacking my brassica crop, and will experiment with the above technique next season.
Our season starts when the USA stops by the way.
Hans
--Sincerely Yours :
Hans H.Harmsen,
E-Mail : plenneke@xtra.co.nz
Website : http://www.gronouwe.co.nz
______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: community_garden@mallorn.com To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden