THE COMMUNITY GARDENS OF THE AVENUE OF THE FLOWERS ELECTS OFFICERS

  • Subject: [cg] THE COMMUNITY GARDENS OF THE AVENUE OF THE FLOWERS ELECTS OFFICERS
  • From: Commgarden@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 03:29:20 EDT

  On Wednesday, April 17, 2002 our non-profit corporation, set up to run
community gardens, held its first meeting. Our garden is called Las Flores
Community Garden. It is on  an acre of land owned by the Conejo Recreation
and Park District.
  .After welcoming members, guests,two new Advisory Board members
and introducing ourselves,
                                                          we reviewed the
five-year long effort to get started,  followed by a lively and helpful
discussion of policies and next steps and then elected the officers
required by the California Department  of Corporations (President, Vice
President, Treasurer and Secretary).
   It was unanimously agreed  that moving the Park District  to carry out its
agreement to fence the property  this month is our first priority.
A  comittee of our community garden will arrange a meeting with the Park
District  to achieve  this goal.
  We set our next meeting for Wednesday, May 1st before adjourning.

Yours for good gardening,

Don Jacobs