Help to preserve a garden and open space in Manhattan Beach

  • Subject: [cg] Help to preserve a garden and open space in Manhattan Beach
  • From: "Kari Person" <Kari@KariPerson.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:13:12 -0700

I am emailing because I am doing my best to save the Community Garden in Manhattan Beach, CA that has been given an eviction notice from the Unified School District after 25+years so they can sell the property.  There is no other empty space in this small beach town of huge homes wall to wall.  We have gone to the media, city council and school district.
We need to know where to apply for grants to help preserve and buy the land worth 1.6 million dollars over a time frame of possibly 3 years. The donations will be tax deductible. We are in the process of looking for a principle agent to act on our behalf while we set up a non-profit organization. We have until 5/31/02. They gave us notice first near the end of Feb 2002.
Any sources for funds or Principle Agency are welcome.
Address responses to kariperson@yahoo.com
phone 310-428-5033  Fax 310-937-7096
Thank you in advance.