RE: a new The Community Gardener issue - request for submissions

  • Subject: RE: [cg] a new The Community Gardener issue - request for submissions
  • From: "Jack Hale" <jackh@knoxparks.org>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:15:22 -0400

Well, for starters, I’d like to know how many we gained and how many we lost to net 100.  But without any data, here are my top 10 reasons why people join and stay on the community garden list serve.

10.                       Because they heard they could catch interesting people talking dirty 24/7.

9.                     Because they get really solid information here

8.                     Because the people here are remarkably well-behaved, compared to some other list serves I’ve sampled

7.                     Because we can discuss slugs, grantwriting, linseed oil, mychorrhizal products, and New York politics all on the same day

6.                     Because we got direct, personal dispatches from near ground zero on September 11

5.                     Because Anna keeps it operating so smoothly

4.                     Because people like us tell them they have to do it

3.                     Because there are all kinds of folks coming along wanting to start or study or improve community gardens, and this is the place to get help

2.                     Because community garden organizing can be a mighty lonely business, and this is the lifeline.

1.                     Because Adam said so.

Sure, I could think of a few more, but that pretty much covers it.