seedy acres community garden purchase

  • Subject: [cg] seedy acres community garden purchase
  • From: Grow19@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 19:16:35 EDT

Dear Friends,

Hope this 'fundraising' email is allowed.  Our friend and long, long-term
worker for  community gardens nationally, Sally McCabe, is now faced with the
possible loss of her neighborhood community garden -- Seedy Acres -- which
she and her neighbors have been gardening for over 20 years.  They have saved
about 1/3 of the garden and 1/3 has already been sold, but now they working
to need to raise $40,000 to purchase the remaining 1/3 -- six plots totalling
about 5,000 square feet.

We who have benefitted from Sally's tireless work at the ACGA/Philly Green
office and at ACGA conferences (not to mention her great red hair and great
earrings and great laughter) could easily help her.  Only $8.00 per square
feet!

Please join me in thanking Sally for her years of service by contributing
generously.  I've always wanted to own land in Philadelphia - haven't you?
How many visitors to Philadelphia have their own tomato patch?

Checks can be made out to Neighborhood Gardens Association--Seedy Acres Fund
and can be mailed to: Sally McCabe, 437 Poplar Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123.
NGA is helping the gardeners with the purchase.  NGA is a 501(c)(3) and all
contributions are tax-deductible.

Thanks for joining me in this.  I'm getting 10 square feet.  How bout you?
Judy Tiger
Washington DC

ps -- hope i haven't abused the purpose of this list.  this email was all my
idea.  sally had no idea i was going to send it.