RE: seedy acres community garden purchase

  • Subject: RE: [cg] seedy acres community garden purchase
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:05:30 -0400

Friends,

How can anyone say no to Sally McCabe or Seedy Acres? Event though April
15th, two college tuitions and  and a teenager growing into NBA size have
horribly tapped me out, Sally has managed to get my lunch money for a good
long stretch.

Fair is fair: The Clinton Community Garden sold square inches of the garden
for $5.00 a square inch back in the 1980's through a newspaper ad the Trust
for Public Land put into the NY Times for us.  With these funds, help from
the Clinton fund and shameless fundraising, block parties, we managed to
raise funds to help buy the our garden from the city and get it transferred
to Parks.   Sally McCabe still owns the certificate for the square inch she
"bought" then.

I have "bought", as a first installment, 12.5 feet of Shady Acres and am
looking to buy more to help save this wonderful 25 year old community
garden.

Please join Judy Tiber and me in thanking Sally for her years of service by
contributing
generously.  Judy's right. A she says, "I've always wanted to own land in
Philadelphia - haven't you?
How many visitors to Philadelphia have their own tomato patch?

Checks can be made out to Neighborhood Gardens Association--Seedy Acres Fund

and can be mailed to: Sally McCabe, 437 Poplar Street, Philadelphia, PA
19123.
NGA is helping the gardeners with the purchase.  NGA is a 501(c)(3) and all
contributions are tax-deductible."

If there ever was a way to buy your way up the Karmic chain and avoid being
reborn as a shrimp fit for an all you can eat buffet in a family restaurant,
this is it.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman