Re: The Cream of the Crops Project

  • Subject: Re: [cg] The Cream of the Crops Project
  • From: Christianstreet@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:20:57 EDT

In a message dated 4/28/02 8:20:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
laura@foodshare.net writes:

> Dear Community Gardeners.
>  For three decades, Mother Earth News has been North America¹s ³original
>  guide to living wisely.²  You  can access the Mother Earth News web site at
>  <http://www.motherearthnews.com>. The magazine has recently relocated to
>  Topeka, Kansas, where a new editorial team is bringing fresh talent and
>  enthusiasm to each issue.  We would like your help with the projects
>  outlined on the enclosed flyer.

Harrumph. I'm sure J. I. Rodale, rest his soul, would be pleased to know that
his establishment of Organic Farming and Gardening Magazine in 1943 didn't

[As the first ad manager of Rodale's New Farm magazine, back in the 70s, I
feel entitled to grump just a bit. Shucks, I remember when the Hendersonville
gang came to Emmaus to learn how to publish a magazine. This grump is
directed at the promotion writers at MEN, not at Laura/Foodshare]

Laura Blanchard