Re: Morris County, NJ Community Gardens

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Morris County, NJ Community Gardens
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:06:36 EST

We don't have any web listings on the ACGA website for New Jersey gardens,
but that may be because no volunteer at these gardens ever set up a website
for them.   <A HREF="http://www.communitygarden.org/";>American Community
Gardening Association</A>

However, if memory serves me...

1) You might try a project called Denville Community Gardens, a row of garden
plots on Diamond Spring Road. If I'm not mistaken, they're right near the
Public Library? It's my understanding that folks who don't have enough
property to have their plants or flowers or pumpkins and tomato plants will
plant them there.  The deal is that  gardeners must commit at least four
hours per week to keep their plantings neatly maintained during the growing

2) Montville Township's Community Park on Changebridge Road has  120 acres
include trails, six sports fields-four of which are lit-community gardens for
gardening/farming space for residents, and an outdoor amphitheater for Summer
concerts and performances.

3) I'm not sure if this is the same as the above, but the Morris Park
Commission's Community Gardens have plots for rent -  near the Frelinghuysen
Arboretum  http://parks.morris.nj.us/parks/frelarbmain.htm

Great luck,

Adam Honigman,
Volunteer,  <A HREF="http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/";>Clinton