Fw: Aphids Happen

  • Subject: [cg] Fw: Aphids Happen
  • From: "Katie melvin" kmelvin@snet.net
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:22:16 -0400

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 5:19 PM
Subject: Aphids

Hi Jan, I read your note on the Community Garden website and my advice to you is to wait two weeks before you spray.  I have been in your situation and wondered what would happen and I found out that Ladybugs happen!  Their immature offspring look like little crocodiles and they consume thousands of aphids.  They will find your roses and take care of the problem for you.  You may suffer a little cosmetic damage in the meantime but that can be pruned out and you will be amazed at how efficient these little rascals are.  I promise that if you wait they will come and you will be able to witness the beautiful metamorphosis of a ladybug.  You will soon be inviting children to see it as well and their parents will want to bear witness.  Soon you will be the organic toast of the town and you will beam with well deserved pride.  Happy Gardening!  Katie Melvin