Re: (no subject)

  • Subject: Re: [cg] (no subject)
  • From: "Jim Call" jimcall@casagarden.com
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:55:54 -0500

Keven,
I'm not versed in the legal world of writing a book, article or anything
else as it relates to you as a gardener working in a CG.

Many articles have been written about our CG in recent years and the
non-profit, CASA that oversees its operations has not asked for any monies
earned through the sale of these publications.

Please go to this link...  http://www.casagarden.com/recognition.htm and
review.  The story "Miss Bessie's GardenAngel" was featured in Horticulture
magazine.  CASA did not ask for a cent.

On Mother's Day, Rodale Press will be releasing a book called "Grace From
The Garden". by Debra Engle.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1579546854/qid=1051231319/sr=1
-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-0443347-3022519?v=glance&s=books

 In it, is an short story about CASA's GardenAngel Program and myself.
Another short story, I believe, features Adam Honigman of the Clinton
Community Garden.  I'm not sure about my man, Adam, but I'm not and CASA is
not looking to receive any of the profits from the sale of this book.
Speaking for myself, I look at it as a way of "spreading the good word about
community gardening".   During this day in time, with bulldozers doing alot
of gardening in NYC (per Adam H.), we need all the good press we can get.

Hope this helps,   Jim Call, CASA Community Garden Volunteer Dir.