Re: Woodchucks and fences

  • Subject: [cg] Re: Woodchucks and fences
  • From: "Debby Williams" will1322@msu.edu
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:57:04 -0400

At the organic farm I am involved with we are trying cotton strips with mint
oil on them, dispersed through our beds to deter the critter munchings and
it seems to be working.  You could try tucking some cotton balls with mint
oil in the woodchuck holes.  My past experiences with racoons would suggest
that if you make an evironment animals don't like, they will move out and
take their babies with them.  With the raccoons it took a few days but they
left (moth balls!).