Re: Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #1408 - 3 msgs

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #1408 - 3 msgs
  • From: Tamsin Salehian tamsin@sparecreative.com
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:42:42 +1000

Hi John,
In the permaculture scheme of things as you plan your garden think about
multiple uses and microclimates. For example if you are collecting
rainwater, what other uses are the containers performing - does overflow
feed water vegetables, does their position protect an area from wind, do
they create an area of reduced frost... It's amazing how thinking about the
many uses each element can have can make a well functioning garden.
Brainstorming helps! Also have a thought about the education aspect of
permaculture and see how your garden can encourage learning.  Good luck,
Tamsin
Melbourne