one sentence thoughts?

  • Subject: [cg] one sentence thoughts?
  • From: edailey@brynmawr.edu
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:04:50 -0000

Hi all, i've been on this list for a while but have never posted. i'm not an
official community gardener (yet!) but i've been spending this, my senior
year, researching community gardening in philadelphia as a comparison to
work i did with women's community gardening in africa this past summer.
anyway, the culmination of all this work is my undergrad
anthropology/environmental science thesis, which is due friday. The thought
came to me this morning that a nice finishing touch might be some quotes
from community gardeners on what their gardens mean to them. So, i just
wanted to put a request for anyone who might want to send back a one to two
sentence statement on what community gardening has offered them, the
community, even the environment. Everyone likes sharing thoughts about
things they love right? anyway, i'd really appreciate it, and thanks in
advance to anyone who shares! happy gardening everyone :-)

-Anne Dailey
Bryn Mawr College
Bryn Mawr, PA
(Maine native!)