Cats in the garden

  • Subject: [cg] Cats in the garden
  • From: Jeneva Storme jenevastorme@yahoo.ca
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:36:34 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings;

I need advice on how to prevent cats from digging and
defecating in my planting beds.  Lately they've become
very attracted to a particular flowerbed, but they are
a problem in general, as we have a very high feral cat
population in my area.  I don't dare plant anything
edible in my yard until I resolve this problem.  It
would be good to know how to discourage them from the
community gardens as well, though they haven't been as
bad there for some reason, maybe it's the cat in heat
next door that's attracting them to my place at the
moment.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Jeneva

=====
Greening West Broadway Coordinator
"Neighbourhood Solutions for Community Change"

West Broadway Development Corporation
640 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB  R3C 0X3
phone: 774-3534  fax: 779-2203
website: http://www.westbroadway.mb.ca