re-class project

  • Subject: [cg] re-class project
  • From: "lisa vandyke" vandykelisa@hotmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:49:04 -0500

Hi, a few thoughts about the class project - I second Sharon's thoughts about sustainability. I think that is the big issue in any community garden. On all levels, from the soil up to longevity of gardeners and garden mission. Organic can take on a much larger meaning. Deborah - I would be careful with some of your science, I do study soils. And everyone needs to remember that the use of the term 'chemical' to refer to synthetic is misguided. There are situations in which a synthetic solution might be the best answer, which is why IPM has become so successful. Another reminder - materials defined as organic can be just as dangerous, if not more so, than synthetic materials.

best to all, Lisa in Mpls.

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*. ______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: community_garden@mallorn.com To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden