Community Garden land ownership

  • Subject: [cg] Community Garden land ownership
  • From: "Brock" <greenhorn83@chaffee.net>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:37:36 -0600

     I am curious to know who owns the land on which most community gardens operate.  I ask because the land on which our community garden sits is privately owned and the owner is interested in selling.  Our local nature association is thinking about trying to purhase the land through a grant, but the price is quite high.

     I would give me a better sense of what our options are if I knew how other community gardens operate with regard to land ownership.  I realize that responders can only reply about their own community garden ownership, but that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Brock Oyler,
President, The Salida Community Garden
Salida, CO