Re: growers without homes

  • Subject: [cg] Re: growers without homes
  • From: Don Boekelheide dboekelheide@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 07:09:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hey, Loralee,

Cool! You guys are just down the road - ACGA once
again proves its value.

Not only are we starting something, it's going. Hope
you can come up and visit sometime soon, and I really
like your idea there in Columbia. I suspect the
homeless population of our two cities moves back and
forth somewhat (though I'm amazed at the stability of
our 'village' here).

Don
704-599-9435
or at Urban Ministry Center 704-347-0278

http://www.hillel.org/Hillel/exchange.nsf/4631b84b253300e4852568da00675ff6/5
> > > FBF0F751723C86185256958006578F0?OpenDocument
> > >
> > > We do not have a big homeless populaton here in
> Huntsville as the big
> > > (really big) cities.  We do have shelters for
> them and I inquired once about
> > > the possibility of creating a garden for them at
> their premises if it could
> > > be planted and maintained by the shelter's
> occupants.  I was told by a
> > > person who works in the community with the
> homeless that it would not work
> > > because it wouldn't be maintained properly.  I'm
> not an authoritarian on the
> > > homeless so I have to rely on others experiences
> (for now).
> > >
> > > Jim

=== message truncated ===