Re: [cg] Article on Genetically Modified Crops...Fw: Nutrition E-Mail Issue

On 04/22/99 10:43:34 you wrote:

And remember, nutra-sweet is a genetically engineered food.
I believe it crosses cow genes with banana genes.
We are what we eat...how fake and toxic do you want to be made?

>For those interested in the strong oppostition to GM Crops in Europe, click
>on the web address just below the short summary.  There seems to be very
>little awareness on GM crops in my area.  About in yours?
>Cyndy Ross, Fellowship Chairperson
>Sylvan Lake Lutheran Church & Community Garden
>2399 Figa Avenue
>W. Bloomfield, Michigan 48324-1808
>>Europeans React to Genetically Modified Crops
>>LONDON (Reuters) -- Consumer and environmental groups across the
>>European Union (EU) have voiced concern about the growing of
>>genetically modified (GM) crops within the EU and the use of
>>these crops in foods destined for human and animal consumption.

Happy Gardening,

John Edward Verin
Senior Apprentice
Ecosystem Farm
Accokeek, MD

Remember DDT? The agriculture chemical that was banned because it was killing off the bald eagles (and everything else)?
Well, we still eat DDT on imported produce and food products. Moreover, GATT allows for over 50% higher residue rates than the US government (as if ANY residue of DDT is "acceptible!").

Food is power... are you in control of yours?