We're looking for a few good people

  • Subject: [cg] We're looking for a few good people
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 11:28:09 -0400

Hello all ACGA members,

Here's a little test for all ACGA members:

Think of the most competent, hardworking, all around skillful person you
know in community gardening. OK? Now nominate that person to the ACGA Board
of Directors. Send their names to Sally Anne Sadler ASAP. She'll take care
of the rest (contacting them, filling them in on the glamorous life of an
ACGA board member and convincing them that they should run). Her email is

And if you ran last year and want to do so again, please contact Sally Anne
yourself! She lost most of her records in that horrible fire in her office
at U of Washington so she needs our help in filling in the blanks.

We're looking for people with a diversity of skills, especially (but not
limited to) fundraising, bookkeeping & accounting , grant proposal writing
and other money -related skills --pretty much the kind of skills that are
involved in running a community garden program. We're also looking to
increase representation from the west--presently we are a bit heavy on the
eastern and central sides. But that shouldn't stop you from nominating
someone  from the east with outstanding skills.

So don't be shy. If you think that you would be a good candidate yourself,
let Sally Anne know that. I'm not sure what the by-laws are about
self-nomination but if you think you would be a good candidte, someone else
may think so too. And at least we'd know that you are interested.

See you in SLC,

Laura Berman
FoodShare Toronto
T:(416) 392-1668