FW: CYBERGARDENS: adam purple

  • Subject: [cg] FW: CYBERGARDENS: adam purple
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:49:30 -0400

Yes there is an Adam Purple and he is not me.

I thought that I would forward news to you about,  Adam Purple, eccentric
community garden pioneer, artist and general all round rugged individualist.
For me, his amazing  "Garden of Eden" was a seminal influence - as important
to the NYC community gardening community as Liz Christy. His garden is now
long destroyed. An artist, one of Mr. Purple's  books is in the rare book
collection of the NY Public Library.

A prickly individual, he has confounded many who would like to help him.
This is not a "Save Willy" call, more of a "do you know where this square
peg can go?"
Here are some links:

Frederico Savini, who is listed below, forwarded this most recent SOS. Any
inquiries should be forwarded to him.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman