Growing Awareness Conference Planning

  • Subject: [cg] Growing Awareness Conference Planning
  • From: "Emma Figueira" <emmaf@dakotacom.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:50:09 -0700

CALLING ALL YOUTH AND COMMUNITY GARDENERS IN ARIZONA!

IT'S GROWING AWARENESS PLANNING TIME AGAIN!

It is time to put together the fabulous team that will plan and pull off the
Fifth Annual Southwest Region Community and School Garden Conference:
Growing Awareness.  If you have participated before, you know how rewarding
the experience is and we hope that you will come to share your experience
with the group.  If you have not been on the planning committee before but
have a passion for supporting the growth and development of youth and
community gardens we need your fresh perspective and energy.

Join us for our first planning meeting:
Wednesday
August 29, 2001
3:00 to 5:00 PM
Maricopa County Cooperative Extension Office
Ocotillo Room

We Have:
A Conference Date:  February 22-24, 2001
A Conference Location:  Metro Tech High School, Phoenix

We Need:
1)  YOU!
2)  Input on program content and event structure.
3)  Lead coordinators for:
* Registration
* Speakers and Program
* Food
* Awards
* Exhibitors
* Publicity
* Sponsorship
* Event Volunteers
* Tours
* Home Stays

Please RSVP to me at 602-470-8086 X 823 or emmaf@ag.arizona.edu.  If you are
interested in being involved but can't make it to this meeting, please
contact me so we can figure something out!

Thanks so much for your continued support.  Looking forward to seeing you at
the meeting.

Emma Figueira
Youth and Community Gardening Program Coordinator
University of Arizona
Maricopa County Cooperative Extension
4341 E Broadway
Phoenix AZ  85040