RE: Manual for Beginning Gardeners

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Manual for Beginning Gardeners
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:45:51 -0400

First go to the website of the ACGA http://www.communitygarden.org
and read everything that you can, click on links, print everything that you

This URL has alot of what you need:

This link has alot of the information that you need to help organize a self
governing community garden. The balance ( how to garden, how to compost,
etc. can be picked up from your local library or bookstore.)

There was a marvelous guide to community gardening book written in the early
eighties printed by the Boston Urban Gardeners which I'm not sure is still
in print. I could be wrong on this, but I believe that Garden Futures ( who
I've cc'd this email) is the sucessor organization to BUG.

Remember... your task as a community garden organizer will be made so much
easier by becoming a member of the American Community Gardening Association
( 25 bucks a year) with all the nifty technical information and the
unmistakable karmic benefits that fully paid up membership brings.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman

Best wishes