Garden Crime Blotter

  • Subject: [cg] Garden Crime Blotter
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:51:11 -0400

Friends,
It so rare that we get a horticulture crime blotter item, I felt that all of
us who deal with tiny budgets should have a moment to see how the big guys
do it...
Garden embezzler gets 3 years July 31, 2002 By CHRISENA COLEMAN DAILY NEWS
STAFF WRITER A former controller for the New York Botanical Garden was
sentenced yesterday to at least three years in jail for pruning $300,000 off
its money tree for herself.

You can view the entire article at
<http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/7393p-6872c.html>.
Just think how many community gardens THAT would have helped!

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman