Re: Garden Crime Blotter

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Garden Crime Blotter
  • From: David Smead <smead@amplepower.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 04:56:27 +0000 (UTC)

Adam,

As I found out recently, we live in a little fantasy world when we
consider all fellow gardeners honest, friendly and in-step with a common
goal.  Would you believe that gardeners could be so petty as to conduct an
unannounced vote for a tool shed, and then stuff a ballot box to carry the
vote?  And do it with the blessing of some City officials?

This sad story is still unfolding. The handwriting analyst has correlated
a substantial number of ballots from one person and is still reviewing the
ballots, but you can read more about this at:

http://greenpatch.org/interbay/index.html

Despite our fond illusions, we'd might find that the Bell curve for
dishonest gardeners is close to, or the same as, that for the general
public.

--
Sincerely,

David Smead