Re: teaching materials-books, videos, slides, & flip charts

  • Subject: Re: [cg] teaching materials-books, videos, slides, & flip charts
  • From: Pat_Elazar@cwb.ca
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:26:05 -0500
Both of these websites offer video & instructional materials.   Good luck.

Aslo, never underestimate the collective, innate wisdom of your participants.
Perhaps you have im/migrants from rural south, Caribean, s.e. asia who can
contribute valuable, indigenous wisdom if encouraged?

"Robyn Jacobs" <rj99@umail.umd.edu>@mallorn.com on 08/14/2002 11:49:21 AM

Please respond to "Robyn Jacobs" <rj99@umail.umd.edu>

Sent by:    community_garden-admin@mallorn.com

To:    <community_garden@mallorn.com>

My first message, i've been reading the emails for  6 months. I am working
to develop a program to teach adults and children in low  income
communities the skills of vegetable gardening (for the Maryland
Cooperative Extension). I've been searching on the internet for resources
and  see lots of children's curriculums and materials but no adult ones.
Does  anyone have any ideas or names of teaching materials especially
visual aids like  videos, slide shows or flip charts?
Unfortunately i couldn't attend the conference,  needed to find a place to
live by Aug. 1st. I'm sure that would have been a  great resource.

Robyn Jacobs

Urban Gardening/Nutrition  Educator

Maryland Cooperative  Extension

9811 Van Buren Lane