RE: teaching materials-books, videos, slides, & flip charts

  • Subject: RE: [cg] teaching materials-books, videos, slides, & flip charts
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:07:04 -0400

Robyn,

Pat couldn't be more right about relying on im/migrants who know about
farming! Scratch a new, low-income residents in your community and you'll
find, sadly, more folks who were farmers (or a generation removed) than
you'd suspect. If this is the case in NYC, then it probably applies to your
neck of the woods too.

I'm not a video fan - I like cook and garden books too much, but here are
some video links for you anyway

A commercial, organic gardening site:

http://www.gardentoad.com/welcome.html

This may be a bit too technical for your entry level gardener, but the
Northeast Organic Farming Association video project has some tremendous
videos on their site:

 http://www.nofaic.org/conference/video/expertlist.html

Happy gardening,

Adam Honigman