books,videos,magazines for low-income gardeners

  • Subject: [cg] books,videos,magazines for low-income gardeners
  • From: Grow19@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:07:34 EDT

Hi All,
I've got a similar question.  I'm developing small resource 'libraries' to give to low-income multigenerational garden projects (neighborhood center, 2 small churches, transitional housing).  While in general these are not very 'book-ish' groups and are diverse in age (7 years old to 65 years old), I thought I'd ask.  These will all be organic gardens, including a variety of sections: food, herbs, perennial flowers, butterfly gardens, native trees and shrubs, etc.  The resources are not meant to be the only resources available (there will also be some hands-on workshops), but they are meant to nurture some neighborhood self-reliance.

Question:
If you were to provide any magazine subscriptions, books, videos, games, ... to provide solid basic info to low-income multigenerational groups -- what would you include in these collections?