late naturalist Stephen Jay Gould called "the 20,000 acts

  • Subject: [cg] late naturalist Stephen Jay Gould called "the 20,000 acts
  • From: "a.h.steely" gfcp@mindspring.com
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 13:27:48 -0400

I saw a TV news show about the time after 9/11 when the Guliani person was
sending donations to mobsters warehouses in N.J. that interviewed Mrs. Gould
who told people to send the trucks to the Gould's warehouse in NYC.
According to the news story, the Goulds were upset because firemen couldn't
get replacement boots for clearing the WTC rubble and people were sending
all sorts of donations.

Gould lived what he preached.  The warehousing was done free of charge.

And Adam, "Fixing the world" is fine for you and me, my godmother taught me
her faith's credo, but others need to learn it by being behaviorally
modified.  We did not learn it out of nowhere...

Helen Steely
Hbg., Pa.