A Friendly Community Garden Research Survey Reminder

  • Subject: [cg] A Friendly Community Garden Research Survey Reminder
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:21:50 EDT

Ms. Amanda Maria Edmonds,  twenty- something ACGA board member and scholar,
put together this really comprehensive survey of Community Garden Research and
had it sent out to all current ( and two year lapsed) ACGA members by our
intrepid team in the ACGA office in Virgina.  It was mailed out of the ACGA
office in 9 x 12 inch green and white envelopes and had the ACGA's new address in
them... honest!

Ms. Edmunds and I would like to request, please, as the American Express
advertisement says, "the honor of your reply."

In all seriousness,  it is only with the fullest participation from people
interested in community gardening, and advocacy for gardens, that we can see how
we are currently serving the community garden community with our research,
the way we organize it on the ACGA website, how we disseminate it and learn how
we can best serve the needs of ACGA members and the greater community people
who garden with others in the United States, Canada and beyond.

Ms. Amanda assures me that she will have a digital copy of the survey ready
to e-mail to anyone who hasn't received the survey and would like to
participate in this quest for knowledge and usefulness.  I have placed her e-mail
address in the cc -area of this e-mail: please apply to her directly for a copy at

Friends,we don't care if you are community gardening on an asteroid,
somewhere in the galaxy, far, far away.... - and your name is "ET".  If one of your
fingers works as a thumb and it's green and you garden - please, your
participation is wholeheartedly encouraged.  If there are enough of you - and you pay
dues - we'll eventually take note and  change the name of the ACGA to UCGA for
Universal Community Gardening Association!

Please send in your surveys as soon as possible.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation,

Servant of the lamp of knowlege ( and in the bag from a liquid lunch)

Adam Honigman