25th ACGA Anniversary

  • Subject: [cg] 25th ACGA Anniversary
  • From: "Bill Maynard" bMaynard@WoodRodgers.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:15:59 -0700

The 25th Anniversary of ACGA is next year 2004 !
At the conference we were asked ...how we should celebrate it.... And promote ACGA too!

Here are my 2 cents worth... send in yours also !

*Act Nationally:
Lets make 2004 the year of the Community Garden (Nationally - register it in Washington DC)
Need to do this VERY soon

Lets decide on a week to promote it nationally and locally before the conference.. maybe first day of summer?

Act locally:
Promote it also in every state by getting a proclamation from the each State for National Community Garden Week and then bring that proclamation to the 25th conference to display.

Then get proclamations from your local city councils, county or townships supervisors and bring those to the conference...for a huge display

These actions will build more awareness for community gardens locally and nationally!

Or how about

*Design a 25th anniversary Tee-shirt to sell all year long !  have a national design contest to find the design !

Lets hear from the list serve....
Send in your ideas Today !

Bill Maynard
Sacramento Area Community Garden Coalition