Questions about the Tom's of Maine grant

  • Subject: [cg] Questions about the Tom's of Maine grant
  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:01:23 -0400

Hi, Folks!

I think it's wonderful that Tom's of Maine and ACGA is offering cold hard cash to community gardens -- God knows *ALL* community gardens need an influx of cash.

However, I note that the deadline is only 5 days from now, in the height of the harvest season -- and there is no fax or e-mail address to receive applications -- only a mailing address.

I'm near Philadelphia and it will take 3 days for such an application to reach NYC to be postmarked in time for the deadline -- which means I'll have to have it in the mail by August 12th, preferably the 11th. If I lived on the West Coast, I'd have to get everything together by, at the latest, TOMORROW, to be considered for this grant.

If one belongs to an gardening/horticultural/hunger agency, where priorities can easily be shuffled to apply for much-needed cash, this is not such a big deal. But, when one runs one's community garden as a "volunteer" --meaning that one has another cash-paying job, prior commitments, etc, one's life is not so easily shuffled.

Therefore, I strongly, strongly, STRONGLY urge the ACGA board to provide a fax number or an e-mail address so that those of us who must juggle the rest of our lives with our community gardens can apply for this grant over the weekend and still make the deadline to be considered for the grant.

I thank the Board for its consideration and I look forward to seeing a posted fax number or e-mail address for this grant application soon. And do make more such connections in the future -- there are HUNDREDS of worthy community garden in North America and we all need funds! :-D

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of

______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org