Thoughts on consensus

  • Subject: [cg] Thoughts on consensus
  • From: Don Boekelheide dboekelheide@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:24:22 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to everyone for discussing the inclusion of
community gardening articles on the list. Also, thanks
to Adam for posting the piece from Montreal - all of
us need to be aware of the very important issue of
soil contamination in urban (and rural) areas.

My sense of a consensus position is that most of us
find the full text posts useful. However, on my end,
I'll try to be selective, and for very long pieces
I'll try to summarize and just send the URL.

For those who find the 'news items' a distraction and
nuisance, I hope you'll consider staying with us - I
too value the discussions on this list, and would hate
to lose your voices. I know saying 'use the delete
key' is just one more annoyance in an annoying world,
right up there with junk mail and tomato biting
squirrels, but there is something cathartic about
pressing 'delete' and having the problem just go away.

Two final thoughts - for anyone not a member, please
consider joining ACGA. It will be the best $25 you'll
ever spend as a community gardener.
www.communitygarden.org. ACGA sponsors this list,
among many other services in support of community
gardening.

Second, if any of you find any interesting articles
(or your own press releases), please pass them along
to the list. Sally McCabe did this over a decade ago
during the heyday of the ACGA's newsletter, using the
Xerox machine. She's our inspiration, we're just doing
the same thing electronically.

Also, be on the lookout for good technical resources,
too, not just stories about community gardening.

Good gardening, all,

Don Boekelheide
Urban Ministry Center
Charlotte, NC