Re: Thoughts on consensus

Don (and to everyone else who cares),

I appreciate all of your efforts and I have held back from biting my tongue.

What I like to say is in life is that there is always 1/3rd of the people who agree, 1/3rd that disagree, and the other 1/3rd don't really care. For the 1/3rd that care, keep on moving forward with all your efforts because that is what this list server is about.

I am glad to see there has been many articles published about community gardens recently because they are a main stay in our communities. In my opinion, the press is good and if anyone involved with the list server should embrace the coverage that gardens have received and not look at it as an annoyance. If they do, I question if they embrace what community gardens are about and really have the time to garden?

I know I have been silent for awhile but what chaps my hide (sorry I live in the country now) is people who have this "belief "in community gardens but dismiss the concept with some "ideal" and don't have the time to deal with what is at hand.

What I mean is how the concept seems great and everyone relishes in the wonderment of it all but they don't live, breath and get the true meaning of what gardens bring and contribute to society as a whole. It is an "ideal" they buy into but really don't have the time.

Maybe I am jaded with what I have been through, bitter and angry in a way, but all I ever ask for in life is, and if you are going to walk the walk then walk it. If you have a problem with what is posted then un-scribe quietly without making a stink. My question is why are you sitting in my living room if you don't like the conversation? You know where the door is so leave if you find this offensive.

Many of us have worked hard and dedicated our lives to this mission and I guess I just don't like being dismissed from my own home with-out a Thank you for being served dinner.

All my best,

Deborah Mills

Founder of Green Cure