From: Laura Berman [mailto:laura@foodshare.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 12:03 PM
To: ACGA listserve
Subject: [cg] FW: fruit trees

Does  anyone have any helpful info concerning  Cathleen Kneen's query on
municipal fruit trees? Please reply to her as well as sharing it with the
rest of us.

Laura

----------
From: Cathleen Kneen <cathleen@ramshorn.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 20:16:09 -0800
To: comfood-l@sardonyx.tufts.edu
Subject: fruit trees

Does anyone have any information on how different municipalities handle
fruit trees, if they choose to plant them to beautify the city? We are
working with a municipality in the interior of BC which is seeking funds to
plan tree planting, and wondering how to regulate them ... eg. what when
kids steal the fruit (as if that weren't the whole point...)  Anyway, it
would be helpful if people have any comments on regs, bylaws, procedures,
etc.

Thanks!

Cathleen Kneen
S-6, C-27, R.R. #1
Sorrento, BC Canada, V0E 2W0
phone/fax: (250) 675-4866

e-mail: cathleen@ramshorn.bc.ca

Adaptation ought not to be equated with sanity -- Neil Postman