FW: CYBERGARDENS: Bulldozer alert

I realize that many of you may find our bulldozing stories inappropriate to
your local conditions and situations. I forward these to you as a warning of
what can happen if the land under your community gardens becomes covetable
by real estate interests.

Land trusts, parks dept ownership or long term renewable leases are the way
to go. Working  to make  that garden or public meeting place, that space
that  you've worked so hard on, recognized by the powers that be and legal
is a very hard job.

Some commentary from a garden organizer whose garden was bulldozed.

Adam Honigman