Re: community garden resources

Hi Mark Kay and Soleil (who also wrote in seeking information):

At 04:29 PM 12/04/2000 -0700, you wrote:
 >We are wanting to begin a community garden at our
 >community center and would
 >like any information that would be available on start up.
 >Where do you suggest I look?
 >Thank you for any information that you might have.
 >Mary Kay Rieke

I have been horribly busy recently and have only now been
able to read through a stack of old CG Digests and saw your

The number of online resources that are becoming available
for community gardeners is growing; and many of them are
for folks interested in founding a garden themselves --like the
Common Ground Program at  http://celosangeles.ucdavis.edu/
an excellent site that was already mentioned. But I also
wanted to let you know about the resources pages on our site.

We have a list of general resources for community gardeners,
a list of community gardens online (which is growing pretty
fast!), and also a couple of resources that we've put together:
one called "Considerations when Founding a Community
Garden" (which highlights important issues like insurance and
community building projects) and another that is a set of
sample rules. The rules are designed for customization so
that you can adjust them to suit individual garden needs; they
cover everything from plot registration to weed management.

I encourage you to visit and welcome your input -- in fact I
look forward to it (as the pages are relatively new). Please
make sure to let me know if your community garden website
(or cg resource) isn't listed; I would like to include everyone.
The pages are located at:

By the way, am I the only one who can't get the Clinton
Community Garden website to load? I have the right address,
don't I ? -- (http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org)

Ann Audette

Moderated Digest for Gardeners and Cooks