FW: re: info on Prison Gardens (Beth Waitkus)

  • Subject: FW: [cg] re: info on Prison Gardens (Beth Waitkus)
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 11:21:08 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashley March [mailto:ashleym@greyston.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 11:04 AM
To: Honigman, Adam
Subject: Re: [cg] re: info on Prison Gardens (Beth Waitkus)

Greyston Foundation a non-profit organization, which runs a community garden project  in Yonkers New York, the program is funded by the Community Development Agency.  The gardens are situated on public spaces where people from the community gather to grow and learn. The project provides the garden plots and support systems to heal and the beautify the urban landscape of the city and the internal landscape of ourselves.we create opportunities for children and adults to become more deeply involved and invested in their communities and their lives. The project began in 1995, at this point we are working with Schools, daycare's and others non-profit organizations. If you need more information you can contact me at:
Greyston Foundation
Lucy Moreno-Casanova- Community Garden Coordinator
23 Park Ave.
Yonkers, New York 10703