Re: Viburnum damage

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Viburnum damage
  • From: Lekoma Akate lekoma216@cox.net
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 12:19:06 -0600

Title: Re: [cg] Viburnum damage

If the plant was going to recover, it seems that it would have done so already.  The plant you did not replace had an advantage over the transplanted plants, it had an established root system.  Since the transplants have passed it up, it seems that the plant will not recover.   If you want to keep your hedge consistant, even, get another to replace the damaged bush.  If the damaged plant is still alive, you might try transplanting to a different location, check with you county extension agent regarding the best conditions for Viburnum robustum in your area.  When it comes to hedges and formal gardens, it is best to replace all plants in that section or row to keep things nice and even.  Put out a call to the universe for a Viburnum robustum of similar size, etc. as the ones you have.  It just might find you.