Motor city makes it in the times!

  • Subject: [cg] Motor city makes it in the times!
  • From: Daniel Winterbottom nina@u.washington.edu
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 07:31:47 -0800 (PST)

If you get a chance look up the article in todays NY Times, Section Home,
Pg D-10 "In the Capital of the Car, Nature Stakes a Claim, by Kate Stohr.
Watch out the motor city is being discovered, something all of us
community gardeners have been watching for some time.  Some good stats on
producivity, vacant land and models for science based education efforts.
All the best

I will be away from my office from Dec. 12 - Dec 21st.  All emails
recieved during that time will be answered upon my return.  Have a good

Associate Professor
Daniel Winterbottom Department of Landscape Architecture
University of Washington
Box 355734
Seattle, WA 98195-5734
Phone 206 616 1876