Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #1612 - 4 msgs

  • Subject: [cg] Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #1612 - 4 msgs
  • From: ipevec@mail.ca.inter.net
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:52:12 -0700

I am very late in replying to the Master Gardener messages. Just wanted to
say I took the course in Vancouver, BC when I was developing the school and
community gardening program that I initiated there. Many of my fellow MG's
have given much help is coming to help children on seed planting and
transplanting days. They also come in the spring to be on hand to give
advice to community gardeners. Indeed, the mandate of MG is not labor, but
it is education. I have always been able to fill the necessary time slots
with MG for helping the kids and they love it, the kids and the MG. Like
any situation involving volunteers, the host needs to be well prepared and
organized in order to use the expertise of the MGs wiself. Our program in
Vancouver does indeed include vegetable and native plant gardening and the
MG with this expertise come and help educate the kids and teachers about
both .
Illene Pevec

Illene Pevec
Sustainable Solutions