Re: offering tilling as part of community garden services

  • Subject: [cg] Re: offering tilling as part of community garden services
  • From: "Tom Dietrich" tdietrich@metroparks.org
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:55:44 -0500

Libby:

How big is your garden and how many gardeners do you have?  How did you make
the transition to no-till, because I love the idea esp. to preserve soil
structure and organic matter, not to mention time and fossil fuels?  I am
afraid if I suggested it, I either wouldn't get a good response from the
gardeners or I would end up with a lot of weedy plots that nobody spent the
energy to hand dig.

Tom

Tom Dietrich
Grow With Your Neighbors