(no subject)

Hi all:
As a former resident of NYC I am deeply saddened by this additional
infringement of people's rights to calm, pleasure and community.  I may be
nearing a somewhat similar upcoming something "bttle"???
I am a lecturer at San Jose State U; four and a half years ago I began a
small garden on campus as an illustration of an approach to hunger - I
teach Nutrition and World Hunger.  It is the only garden of its kind
associated with a nutrition department at a non-agricultural school that I
know of.  Anyway, it has been magic for students because it shows them lots
about organic gardening, creates community among the participants and does
all the wonderful things we know gardening can do.  I share the garden
space with the Occupational Therapy Department which seems to have gotten a
grant for a pediatric clinic which would be held in that very space.
I have little clout on campus.   So, I don't know what the outcome will be
next fall.  But I share the feelings of, in my case, possible defeat.
Campus politics are rough!! But, if anyonw has any suggestions besides
finding allies, such as they are, and getting as much publicity as I can.
Thanks for listening,
Barbara