RE: (no subject)

You're a lecturer ( probably without tenure) with a fine garden in the way
of a clinic for kids.
Outside of getting a major contributor to the university or an important
member of the California Board of Regents to be your rabbi, I don't see you
winning. I see maybe a decorative roof garden, some decorative interior
courtyard gardening, but nothing at all like you've been doing.
In NYC we have some nomadic community gardens in local vacant lots which
move when development happens. Look around the area, maybe there is another
school, church or lady with a lot she inherited and really doesn't want to
develop now to help you out.
The idea is to figure how to be a sucessful refugee and have an orderly move
that is as least destructive to your plants and work as possible.Fighting
with the school isn't smart and making them out to be the bad guy wouldn't
be fair. Their mission is educating and getting funding. A pediatric OC
clinic does God's work. If you can get gardening to be included in the OC
process, maybe you'd have something to grow with.

Anyway, get pictures, get the garden in the local news, get video on the
garden. A grad student interested in doing a documentary on land use might
get you some grant money to start up somewhere close.

It's a killer losing a garden. Adam and Eve were never the same again.

Best wishes,

Adam Honigman