Re: Community Garden

Beverly wrote:
>What are your thoughts on the safety of kids handling manure in working in
>the garden?

Supposedly, horse manure does not contain E. coli, (the dangerous stuff),
but can spread tetanus.  My doctor has me on a tetanus shot every 7 years
instead of 10 as a result.

If your shots are up-to-date, you should be fine.  From my understanding,
it's raw cow and pig manure from factory farms that are the problem.  If you
can get manure from a biodyamic farm, you could probably bathe in it (not
that you'd really want to! ;-)) -- those animals are healthier than ANY of
us! ;-D

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of