Re: Native American projects

Just thought of something else.  I know that there is a site
for the addresses of each Pueblo and a contact email for them
but can't think of where on the web it is. You might want to
try a search for some of them.  Do a search for Santa Clara and
just ask if they are the ones with the project I'm thinking of.
If they aren't they might know who it is that has such a
project.
     Also, there is no harm in looking on a map, doing a search
for each Indian Nation, find an email address and just ask
about their existing programs (most do have some project going
on whether it be a co-op or a community garden project).  All
nations are very approachable and glad to help you, I'm sure.
     I wouldn't suggest you approach with anything near the
attitude "I'm here to teach you have a better life" if I were
you. <smile>  It doesn't go over well.
    Keep in mind that you'll find the main problem is
resources.  Most have projects going but more money is needed
to make them more effective.  Ask them what they think about
how their project is going and ask them what it would take to
optimize their programs.
    Finally, look at the AISES site (American Indian Science
and Engineering Society) pages
http://www.aises.org/
    You might find some help there too.

Laura
**********************************
Laura's Genealogy, Homeschooling, Siberian Husky and Garden
pages=
http://members.nbci.com/lbmck
Do you want to combat hunger, restore the environment and
alleviate poverty?
http://www.heifer.org
Heifer Project International
P.O. Box 8058, Little Rock, AR/USA 72203.
Tel.: (800) 422-0474 | E-mail: info@heifer.org
Make a real difference