RE: Three cheers for Adam? Nah...

Thanks Laura but ( blush, blush)...

1) Confession: I spent about 20 years in the restaurant business, a
glamourless business.

Writing about the restaurant business is no big deal and if I could help
this lady out, why not?  Maybe she's contribute those unused banquet
portions to  "Share Our Strength" type foodbank programs
http://www.strength.org/see/frontline/fieldstaff.htm  if things work out for
her. If not, the great karmic whammy is waiting for her.

2) In terms of my alleged generosity and time taking, I have a secret to
share with you:

I have been trying to get rid of that extra 30 pounds that I put on when my
wife was pregnant for about 16 - 17 years now. Contributing to the listserve
during my lunch hours  has been a great dieting strategy....I've been
putting on and taking off the same 5 lbs for about a year. Were I out there
scarfing my head off on stuff that is not good for me,  my blood pressure
would be much higher. I also sweat less than I would at the gym.

3) Anyone who wants to go into the restaurant business is certifiably mad.
Anthony Bourdain, chef de cuisine at "Les Halles", a French steak house in
NY, has written this truly wicked, profane, G-dless, funny, cautionary  and
completely truthful account of life in NY restaurants - an antidote to
anything you may have seen on the cooking channel. If you know anyone who
wants to take her money and send it down the garbage disposal of the
restaurant business, have them read his book, "Kitchen Confidential."

4) Thank you, but all of you guys are far better gardeners than I'll ever
be. I just have a high speed internet connection,

Happy gardening,

Adam Honigman