Re: Funds for bat houses?

garlicgrower@snip.net writes:

>  Remember the post from Bat Conservation International a few months back?
>  Has anyone gotten funds from them for bat houses, etc?  I e-mailed the
>  Northeast contact person, but haven't heard anything -- we're really trying
>  to improve our wildlife habitat at the community garden this year, so any
>  advice on how to shake some funding loose would be appreciated.

There are plans for building bathouses on the BCI web site. See
http://www.batcon.org/bhra/economyhouse.html

We haven't built bat houses, but we have built birdhouses and birdfeeders
using scrap or scrounged lumber -- here in our untransformed Philadelphia
neighborhood, there's generally a house being deconstructed somewhere nearby
that's a fine source of all kinds of garden building supplies.

Regards,
Laura Blanchard
christianstreet@aol.com
http://archives.rblanchard.com/christianstreet/